Cristiano Ronaldo is refusing to meet a 14-year-old autistic fan who claims he was ‘assaulted’ by the Man United star.

Cristiano Ronaldo allegedly ‘assaulted’ and ‘bruised’ a 14-year-old youngster at Goodison Park has turned down the Manchester United star’s invitation to Old Trafford.

Sarah Kelly, from Wirral, took her 14-year-old son Jake Harding to his first match at Goodison Park on Saturday. Everton defeated Manchester United 1-0, and the two sat at the Park End to watch the game.

Jake, who has autism, was photographing Manchester United players leaving the field at full-time when Ronaldo snatched his phone from his grip.

Sarah told the Liverpool Echo that the phone belonged to Jake and that the Portuguese striker ‘assaulted’ him by knocking the phone to the ground, bruising his hand.

On Saturday, Merseyside Police stated that it was looking into complaints of a kid being assaulted by an away player.

Sarah revealed on Monday that she had been contacted by Manchester United, but that the club and Ronaldo’s public response had left her disappointed. ‘United have handled it poorly, and it’s just made things worse to be honest,’ Sarah told the Echo of Manchester United’s response.

‘The way I see it, if someone assaulted him in the street and then asked us to go over for dinner, we wouldn’t,’ Sarah remarked in response to Ronaldo’s invitation to Old Trafford and apology.

‘Why would we do it just because he’s Cristiano Ronaldo?’ It’s almost as if we owe him a favor, but we don’t.’

‘We’ve respectfully denied the offer to travel to United because Jake doesn’t want to go there and meet Ronaldo,’ Kelly revealed. That’s been made quite plain by him.

‘Those aren’t my words; they’re my son’s.’ This is, in the end of the day, what it’s all about.

‘It has affected him more than it has affected me, so I have given him the opportunity to make his own decision – he doesn’t want to go to United, he doesn’t want to meet Ronaldo.’ Right now, all I can say is that it’s in the hands of the cops.’

Manchester United’s spokesperson acknowledged that the club will cooperate with the FA and police investigations. In addition, Ronaldo apologized for his “outburst” on Instagram on Saturday night.

‘It’s never simple to cope with emotions in terrible situations like the one we’re in,’ he said. Nonetheless, we must always be respectful, patient, and set an example for all of the young people who enjoy this wonderful game.

‘I apologize for my reaction and, if feasible, I would like to invite this supporter to an Old Trafford game as a demonstration of fairness and sportsmanship.’

Published
Categorized as Sport

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *