Mike Tyson attacked a man on a plane who was later exposed as a thief and scammer.

A man has been identified as the man who was assaulted by Mike Tyson after allegedly bothering the boxing icon aboard a JetBlue flight at San Francisco Airport.

According to court records, Melvin George Townsend III, 36, of Punta Gorda, Florida, has served 20 and 15 months in jail for a number of offences, including possession of Oxycodone, burglary, grand theft, fraud, and trafficking stolen property. According to TMZ, he stole a trailer by trespassing and attaching it to his pickup in a 2018 incident.

Townsend was last released from a Florida prison in July 2020, after serving 15 months of a 25-month sentence for the incident and the use of a forged personal identification card. In 2009 and 2010, he served time for trafficking stolen property.

Townsend does have a lawyer, but he has yet to file a lawsuit against Tyson, who is 55 years old.

‘To state the obvious, Mr. Tyson should have exercised greater restraint before deploying his hands on an excessively passionate fan,’ Townsend’s attorney, Matt Morgan, told TMZ.

According to Morgan, Townsend is’still in shock,’ and a lawsuit is a possibility.

‘[Townsend] has yet to decide what his next course of action will be. Due to his bodily injuries, the overwhelming nature of this occurrence, and the ensuing media enquiries, he engaged lawyers.’

According to witnesses, Tyson was initially “cool” with all of his other passengers, including the passenger in front of him and his friend. Iron Mike even consented to pose for a selfie with one of them while remaining “patient” with the man in the row behind him.


Tyson, however, grew tired of the fan’s antics and reportedly requested him to keep quiet, but the passenger allegedly proceeded to “irritate” the American boxer, prompting him to lash out. Here is a link to the video.

Tyson stood, turned, and threw numerous blows to the man’s face and forehead while he continued to speak.

Another footage of the incident’s aftermath shows the man with blood stains on his forehead.

‘My guy was recently thrashed by Mike Tyson. He was f***ed up, to be sure. I was merely attempting to obtain a signature. ‘I have no idea what happened,’ stated the man who was filming the footage.

Tyson, on the other hand, claims he was reacting to a rowdy passenger who had been pestering him and had thrown a water bottle at him.

‘Unfortunately, Mr. Tyson had an issue on a flight with an aggressive customer who began harassing him and hurled a water bottle at him while he was in his seat,’ according to a spokeswoman for Tyson.

Categorized as Gist

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *