In London, a 23-year-old Nigerian law student dies after consuming a cannabis sweet.

Damilola Grace Olakanmi, a 23-year-old Nigerian law student born in the United Kingdom, died after swallowing a suspected cannabis sweet in east London.

According to the Evening Standard, the University of Hertfordshire business law student ordered the “gummies” over her phone’s messaging app and had them delivered to her home.

After consuming the sweets, Ms Olakanmi and a 21-year-old friend became ill at the mid-terraced house in South Park Drive, IIford about 11.30pm on Tuesday, March 29.

Ms Olakanmi was flown to Queen’s Hospital in Romford in a critical state by air ambulance.

Wumi, 51, a devout Christian, sat vigil by her bedside till she succumbed to her illness on Saturday, April 2.

Ms Olakanmi’s friend, a US student visiting the UK, was later released from hospital.

Richard Taylor, 75, a justice campaigner and a relative, consoled the student’s grieving mother on Sunday.

He told The Standard, “Wumi has lost her only kid – she now has nothing.” “They had to encourage her since she would cry if a friend came to the house to offer support.

“It’s a devastating warning to all young people about their choices in life. They should be able to resist medicines. Damilola was a bright young woman who should be planning her future and starting a family of her own. She was a law student.”

The family was seeking answers, according to a relative who only went by the name Dunni.

“Damilola was a calm, nice young lady who was a bit of an introvert. Her mother raised her eyes to her. She was a sweetheart who enjoyed caring for youngsters and wanted to please everyone. This is something the family will never be able to accept. We need to know what went wrong. Her mother is no longer a child “Dunni remarked.

“We don’t want Damilola’s memory to be tarnished in the same way. You want her to be known as the girl who asked, “Are you okay?” and “Do you want anything?” “she continued.

Leon Brown, 37, of South Norwood, was detained on Friday in connection with the incident.

He was charged with possession with intent to supply a psychoactive substance, being concerned in the supply of a synthetic cannabinoid, and being concerned in the supply of a synthetic cannabinoid.

Meanwhile, police have issued a warning about the sweets, claiming that they have been retrieved and are being examined.

The case could be linked to another occurrence in Tower Hamlets in March, when a woman was sent to hospital after eating a cannabis treat.

She has since been released, but an investigation is underway to determine whether they were part of the same batch that killed Ms Olakanmi.

“I have to warn the public about the dangers of illegal substances, particularly those packaged as cannabis sweets,” he added “According to Chief Superintendent Stuart Bell of the Metropolitan Police Department’s East Area Basic Command Unit.

“Please do not purchase or consume these items. They’re illegal, and their kid-friendly packaging puts them at risk of accidental intake. The Trrlli Peachie O’s brand was featured on the box for this particular batch of sweets. At this time, the location of the sweets’ production is unknown.”

“Drug dealers cause harm to communities and put people’s lives in danger. We will take aggressive measures against those who engage in this activity as well as those who are found in possession of these chemicals. Anyone with information on people selling illegal drugs like these is encouraged to speak with local cops, call 101, or contact Crimestoppers to remain anonymous.”

According to the Met, a special post-mortem examination will be scheduled in the near future.

23-year-old Nigerian law student dies after eating cannabis sweet in London

23-year-old Nigerian law student dies after eating cannabis sweet in London

Categorized as Gist

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *